Thursday, December 27, 2007

Contentment

In the post on a gentle and quiet spirit, one aspect of ‘quiet’ that was mentioned was contentment. As I was reading my Bible this past Tuesday morning, there was a verse that was very applicable to this:

Therefore I [Paul] am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ’s sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong.
2 Corinthians 12:10

Wow. I can imagine for me personally, that it could be difficult to be content in some of these circumstances. But, it is for Christ’s sake. It is for Him that we live. It is Him that we serve. And He has promised that “‘My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.’” (2 Corinthians 12:9). May we be weak in ourselves, and He strong through us.


-Posted by Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment