Thursday, December 20, 2007

Always

As I was reading in 1 Corinthians this morning, one of the verses greatly blessed me, and I thought that I would share it here.

"Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your toil is not in vain in the Lord." 1 Corinthians 15:58

The word "always" seemed to jump out at me. Always abounding in the work of the Lord. No matter how tired, no matter what circumstances are; always. The work of the Lord will be those things that are in accordance to Scripture, thus being obedient to Him. Our goal, our aim, should be, like Christ, to "always do the things that are pleasing to Him [God]." John 8:29b.


-Posted by Sarah

2 comments:

  1. "...knowing that your toil is not in vain..."

    And there's the encouragement that will strengthen us to abound in the work!

    God bless!
    Marissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true, Marissa!

    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete